Come join us for the trip of a lifetime, living with a family in the beautiful countryside of Northern Nicaragua, experience true Nicaraguan culture and learn about renewable energy and sustainable development with hands-on experience.
We offer small or large groups the chance to create your own course and pick your own dates. This course option offers open flexibility allowing participants to choose the activities that interest you and the dates that suit you best. Groups must consist of a minimum of 4 people.
Available Activities Include:
- Visit to SuniSolar, a renewable energy business in Managua started by Grupo Fenix.
- Building a solar oven with the local women’s cooperative, the Solar Women of Totogalpa.
- Lectures on Solar Cookers, Heat Transfer, History of Nicaragua and Medicinal Plants.
- Solar Cooking Class.
- Installing a Photovoltaic system with local solar experts.
- Making a solar powered battery charger.
- Hiking the Solar Mountain.
- Making charcoal out of agricultural waste with the local women’s cooperative, the Solar Women of Totogalpa.
- Installing an improved firewood burning stove with chimney with the Solar Women.
- Building a bike blender with the local youth group, Young People Pedalling Towards the Future.
- Evening meal in a picturesque restaurant in the nearby town of Ocotal.
- Trip to Masaya Volcano.
- Trip to Granada.
- Trip to Somoto Canyon.
Course fees will vary depending on choice of activities, size of the group as well as preferred dates. For further questions or inquiries please Contact Us!