We work in three principal areas: community development, professional exchanges and edutourism. We created our professional exchange programme to improve the skills, knowledge and abilities of our members, member groups and employees. This combined with the income generated from our edutourism programmes allows us to carry out community development in the areas of health, education, environment, employment and gender equality.
By participating in one of our professional exchanges you can facilitate the exchange of knowledge and skills while achieving Grupo Fenix’s vision to improve the quality of life of rural families and communities in the region. While improving the skills, abilities and knowledge of our members you will also expose them to new ideas, points of view and help them to explore possible new partnerships.
Our professional exchange programme will grant you the opportunity to:
- Gain work experience to further your career.
- Give something back.
- Be fully immersed in Nicaraguan life, culture and Spanish language.
- Live in a remote and beautiful location in the mountains of Northern Nicaragua and explore Nicaragua in your free time.
- Work with local Nicaraguan experts in renewable energy, appropriate technology and community development.
All whilst knowing that you are no taking work away from local people but instead helping them to further their career and become employable leaders in their very own community.
The programme is divided into three categories:
- Volunteer Advisers: The purpose of these positions is to fill a skill gap in our organisation and to increase the skill level accordingly.
- Community Development Workers: You will work directly in an area of community development whether it be in health via our medical internship or in education via our English and computer teacher positions.